Program your iTunes music when you want, the way you want.
Daypart is a simple yet full-featured Mac application that allows you to schedule iTunes playlists when to play, giving you an easy way to program varied musical content throughout the week in your home or workplace.
iTunes DJ, Smart Playlists, and Genius Playlists provide some degree of musical variety, but you still have to manually select, start, and stop each playlist one at a time whenever you want to switch from one to another. Daypart does all that for you and lets you program each day of the week with different playlists at different times. You can have Daypart play your iTunes DJ playlist in the morning, Most Recently Added around lunch, dance music in the afternoon, Classical for dinner, and audiobooks in the evening. And on the following day schedule something completely different. Plus, you can create more than one schedule to accommodate your many listening habits.
Daypart has been selected as a Macworld Mac Gem! "Daypart is an easy and effective way of playing the music you want when you want, all without too much hassle."
With Daypart you can:
- Schedule playlists flexibly, for just a few minutes or several hours
- Schedule intricate configurations of playlists on a weekly basis
- Segue between playlists without cutting off songs
- Automatically shuffle and/or repeat playlists
- Store and re-use frequently used scheduling criteria
- See how playlists are scheduled over a period of days
- Log information about playing tracks
- Automatically load and engage a schedule at startup
Plus, Daypart features:
- Uncluttered, easy-to-use interface
- Scheduling tips
- Scheduling conflict-awareness
- Detailed Help book
- Installation on an Intel Macintosh computer running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or better
- Gatekeeper Security: Daypart is signed with an authorized Developer ID
- iTunes 10 or better
Updated in version 2.2.1 (current):
- Fixes issue with unrecognized registration at launch>
- Corrects time formatting issue (some European systems)
- Tweak to database clean interval
- Fixes glitch in Templates Window display
- jul 17, '12
This update is free for all registered users of Daypart.
Updated in version 2.2:
- Compatible with OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)>
- Fixes serious issue whereby saving a schedule would hang
- Minor stability fixes and improvements
- jul 16, '12
PayPal users: Payments made by PayPal eCheck will take up to 5 business days to clear. As soon as your eCheck clears with PayPal your registration code will be emailed to you. (Your payment will be by eCheck if you do not have a credit card attached to your PayPal account or your PayPal account is "unverified".)
Web mail users: There is a likelihood that emails from me will be routed to your spam or junk mailbox. As soon as you receive the PayPal confirmation, check these mailboxes for the email containing your registration code. Otherwise, if you don't receive your code, let me know; it may take me a day or two to manually send you a code.
If you have any problems, ideas or suggestions, please email me.
My name is Doug Adams,
dougscripts at mac dot com.
This application uses reasonable precautions to protect your data, but that is no guarantee against unforseen situations on your computer. While no files can be affected by this software, I make no guarantees to this application's effectiveness on your computer and cannot take any responsibility if something goes wrong while using this application.