This old version of Join Together has not been tested with iTunes 11 and later. Additionally, this version will not run very well on OS X 10.8 and later and will not operate at all on OS X 10.10 or later. Use the current version (which doesn't require QTP7) on newer operating systems.
Read this important information about using this version of Join Together with Apple's older operating systems.
Join Together v6.1.3 automates the process of joining the files of selected iTunes tracks together with QuickTime Player 7 and exporting them as a single AAC Music or Audiobook file/track.
- Macintosh computer running OS X 10.6 through 10.8 only.
- iTunes 7 through iTunes 10 only.
- This version has not been tested with iTunes 11 or later and it may not operate very well on OS X 10.9; it will not operate at all on OS X 10.10. Use the current version (which does not require QTP7) on newer operating systems.
- QuickTime Player 7 is required to join files. QuickTime Player X does not support file joining. You can download the old QuickTime Player 7 from Apple (also see this Apple support note).
If you are upgrading directly from Snow Leopard your current QTP7 installation will be fine. In any case, make sure you are able to install and run QuickTime Player 7 on your system, otherwise you will not be able to use Join Together v6.1.3.
See the article Install QuickTime Player 7 With Lion at Macworld.
- OS X Lion and later: ChapterTool, the PowerPC helper app that Join Together v6.1.3 uses to create chapters, requires Rosetta which is no longer supported as of OS X 10.7. Therefore, chapterizing and related options will not be available when running Join Together v6.1.3 in 10.7 and later.