Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Create a text file containing an alphabetical list of chosen tag data
App displays files in iTunes Media folder which are not in iTunes library
Display, create text file listing info of dead tracks
Album-Artist pairs to HTML doc
Convert selected tracks and export the converted files to a new folder
Applet plays tracks with a user-set duration of silence between each track