Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 6m 35s ago
Correct song titles listed as "Artist - Song Name"
downloaded 8m 18s ago
Convert selected tracks and export the converted files to a new folder
downloaded 8m 47s ago
Perform search-and-replace on text in your choice of tags
downloaded 9m 10s ago
Remove four-character extensions (eg ".mp3") from selected tracks' Song Names
downloaded 11m 54s ago
Re-associate batch of dead tracks with files from selected folder
downloaded 13m 37s ago
Emulates iTunes search and copies results to a playlist