Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 13m 51s ago
Resample selected tracks' artwork to user-set size limit
downloaded 21m 37s ago
Displays files in iTunes Media folder not in iTunes track library
downloaded 32m 20s ago
Copy chosen tag info from one set of tracks to a different set of tracks
downloaded 38m 29s ago
Convert selected tracks and export the converted files to a new folder
downloaded 46m 54s ago
Delete characters from the beginning or ending of selected tracks' name, artist, album, comments, composer, or show tags
downloaded 47m 45s ago
Copy Artist to Album Artist of selected tracks