Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 8m 15s ago
Exports and then re-imports selected tracks' artwork
downloaded 12m 21s ago
Exports your choice of title, artist, album, time, and size of the selected tracks to the clipboard or a text file
downloaded 13m 9s ago
Copy Artist to Album Artist of selected tracks
downloaded 13m 12s ago
Correct song titles listed as "Artist - Song Name"
downloaded 17m 3s ago
Removes leading and trailing space characters from chosen tags in selected tracks
downloaded 22m 46s ago
Display/export a text file list of chosen tag data in library or playlist