Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Export album artwork as folder.jpg to Album folder
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
Exports and then re-imports selected tracks' artwork
Two scripts assist with importing/managing lossless files (AL and AIFF) and sending converted AAC copies to iPod
Batch-reset the Start and Stop Time of selected tracks to their entire duration
Create a Ringtone track from a selected track