Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 3m 38s ago
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
downloaded 23m 45s ago
Export artwork of selected tracks to parent or specified folder
downloaded 30m 24s ago
Recreate a playlist such that its visible columns mirror the Music library
downloaded 31m 27s ago
Append user-entered text to beginning or ending of selected tag of each selected track
downloaded 33m 11s ago
Re-associate batch of dead tracks with files from selected folder
downloaded 46m 14s ago
Exports your choice of title, artist, album, time, and size of the selected tracks to the clipboard or a text file