Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Perhaps Also of Interest...
downloaded 5m 12s ago
Copies one song from each Artist in a selected Playlist to a new user-named Playlist
downloaded 8m 43s ago
Create a playlist of random Artists and set number of random songs back-to-back
downloaded 10m 52s ago
Perform tasks on a batch of playlists; rename, delete, duplicate, merge, more
downloaded 22m 59s ago
Convert selected tracks and replace them with converted versions
downloaded 24m 51s ago
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
downloaded 26m 4s ago
Locates pairs of track entries pointing to the same file