Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Perhaps Also of Interest...
downloaded 1m 44s ago
Applet assists with swapping, copying, appending data between track tags
downloaded 10m 11s ago
Change video kind and video related tags of selected video tracks
downloaded 20m 4s ago
Append user-entered text to beginning or ending of selected tag of each selected track
downloaded 21m 17s ago
Copy Artist to Album Artist of selected tracks
downloaded 21m 41s ago
Exports and then re-imports selected tracks' artwork
downloaded 25m 28s ago
Batch-append text to comments