Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 1m 19s ago
Set choice of various number tags of selected tracks incrementally
downloaded 4m 47s ago
Sort purchased tracks into discrete playlists by name or Apple ID
downloaded 16m 55s ago
Convert selected tracks and export the converted files to a new folder
downloaded 28m 18s ago
Export album artwork as folder.jpg to Album folder
downloaded 1h 9m 11s ago
Re-locate files of selected tracks to new folder, preserve track meta-data
downloaded 1h 35m 53s ago
Copy files of tracks to selected folder