Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as a "Retro Script" and there is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X and may even corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Export artwork of selected tracks to parent or specified folder
Enter text for the selected tracks' Description tag
Edit a selection of iTunes tracks' tags in single window
Change file type to make selected AACs bookmarkable
Set choice of various number tags of selected tracks incrementally
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files