Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Current v3.1download ⬇
Free to use, but a payment
in appreciation is requested.
Perhaps Also of Interest...
downloaded 2m 6s ago
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
downloaded 4m 15s ago
Use tag data to formulate new file name for selected tracks' files
downloaded 4m 47s ago
Create CD/DVD labels with iTunes and Pages
downloaded 19m 0s ago
Display, create text file listing info of dead tracks
downloaded 19m 32s ago
Perform search-and-replace on text in your choice of tags
downloaded 22m 13s ago
Search allmusic website (AMG) with data from selected or playing track