Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 7m 9s ago
Export selected playlists as individual XML or M3U files
downloaded 10m 9s ago
Delete characters from the beginning or ending of selected tracks' name, artist, album, comments, composer, or show tags
downloaded 13m 55s ago
Change video kind and video related tags of selected video tracks
downloaded 15m 30s ago
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
downloaded 15m 46s ago
Sort purchased tracks into discrete playlists by name or Apple ID
downloaded 19m 18s ago
Enter text for the selected tracks' Description tag