Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and OS X. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
Free to use, but a payment
in appreciation is requested. Thanks!
Perhaps Also of Interest...
downloaded 7m 56s ago
Search Amazon UK's MP3 website using terms from selected iTunes track
downloaded 12m 41s ago
Displays files in iTunes Media folder not in iTunes track library
downloaded 24m 56s ago
Two scripts copy text from clipboard to current or single selected track's lyrics tag
downloaded 27m 55s ago
Choose another playlist containing the current track and resume playing it from there
downloaded 35m 7s ago
Rename selected tracks' Song Names with their filenames (minus extension)
downloaded 36m 51s ago
Change file type to make selected AACs bookmarkable