This script checks your entire iTunes library for missing (and presumed "dead") tracks–those that iTunes is unable to associate with a file and which are listed in iTunes with a "!"– and creates a text file listing these tracks by Artist - Album - Song Name which you can view using TextEdit.
To clear these tracks from iTunes, try using TrackSift.
OS X 10.6 and better only. Universal version for PowerPC machines available at the link below in the "Info" section.
Also see Music Folder Files Not Added.
- Latest version:
- Compatible with OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- short url: http://dougscripts.com/123
- category: Managing Tracks
- build type: Cocoa-AppleScript
- Gatekeeper Security: Authorized Developer ID
- written by Doug Adams
- latest version posted: July 22, 2012
- latest version downloads: 2860 | total downloads: 26531
- download size: 280.1K
- Previous universal version: direct download