Convert all or just the selected tracks of the selected Playlist using your choice of available iTunes encoders, restoring your Preferences-set encoder afterwards. Works with importing selected CD tracks, too.
Additionally, you can:
- Choose to delete and/or Trash the original tracks and/or files
- Copy all converted/imported tracks to a new playlist
- Optionally save AAC encoded tracks as M4B "bookmarkable" and re-add the converted files to the Books library
OS X 10.6 or later only. Universal version for PowerPC machines available at the link below in the "Info" section.
- Latest version:
- Fixes issue that could prevent deletion of original file (when this option is set)
- short url: http://dougscripts.com/162
- category: Controlling iTunes
- build type: Cocoa-AppleScript
- Gatekeeper Security: Authorized Developer ID
- written by Doug Adams
- latest version posted: December 6, 2012
- latest version downloads: 703 | total downloads: 33630
- download size: 372.5K
- Previous universal version: direct download
Convert the selected tracks using the Lossless encoder, for example. Your default encoder is restored afterwards.