This script lets you delete a specified number of characters from either the beginning or the ending of the Song Name, Album, Artist, Comments, Composer or Show tag (or their "Sort" siblings) of each selected track. For example, delete the initial digits and the space from "01 First Track", "02 Second Track", and so on.
OS X 10.6 or better only. Previous universal version available at the link below in the "Info" section.
- Latest version:
- Caps maximum remove characters to length of shortest text in selection
- short url: http://dougscripts.com/176
- category: Managing Track Info
- build type: Cocoa-AppleScript
- Gatekeeper Security: Authorized Developer ID
- written by Doug Adams
- latest version posted: September 13, 2012
- latest version downloads: 6054 | total downloads: 70983
- download size: 746.4K
- Previous universal version: direct download
"Remove n Characters From Front or Back" removes a specified number of characters from either the beginning or the ending of the Song Name, Album, Artist, Comments, Composer, or Show tag of each selected track.