View iTunes Library XML
- Open any iTunes XML file and examine it in a familiar, user-friendly interface
- Inspect the contents of other libraries without having to load them into iTunes
- Display raw XML text alongside formatted views of track entry metadata
- Use Search and Filter options for fine-grained examinations
- Detect which track entries may have corresponding entries in the current library
- Drag out accessible media files to copy or add to iTunes
- Export playlist information, with options to replace file path components
- Export Smart Playlist criteria from other XMLs into current iTunes library
- Copy accessible files to new location with referencing XML playlist file
- Evaluate an old library against the current iTunes library
- Reconstruct older playlists with current tracks
- Check for XML corruption and anomalies
ViTLXML is easy to use. Read the Quick Help page for a rundown of features and tools.
ViTLXML is handy to have if you manage multiple libraries or want to examine or repurpose old back-ups or just need a different way of looking at your current iTunes library. Download the demo and try it out for yourself now.
Click image to see full-size in a new browser tab
- OS X 10.10 or later
- iTunes 12
- Gatekeeper Security: ViTLXML is signed with an authorized Apple Developer ID
- ViTLXML does not work with Microsoft Windows
Web mail users: There is a possibility that unsolicited email messages from mesuch as the one containing your registration codewill be re-routed to your spam or junk mailbox. As soon as you receive the PayPal confirmation, check these mailboxes for the email containing your registration code. Otherwise, if you don't receive your code, let me know; it may take me a day or two to manually send you a code.
PayPal eCheck: Payments made by PayPal eCheck will take up to 5 business days to clear. (Your payment will be by eCheck if you do not have a credit card attached to your PayPal account or your PayPal account is "unverified".) As soon as your eCheck clears with PayPal your registration code will be emailed to you.
If you have any problems, ideas or suggestions, please email me.
My name is Doug Adams,
support at dougscripts dot com.
Currently, I can only accept payments electronically via PayPal. For other payment options, please email me at support at dougscripts dot com.
This application uses reasonable precautions to protect your data, but that is no guarantee against unforseen situations on your computer. I make no guarantees to this application's effectiveness on your computer and cannot take any responsibility if something goes wrong while using this application. If this makes you aprehensive then please be certain to backup your iTunes audio and video files before using.