Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and/or macOS. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 11m 32s ago
Perform search-and-replace on text in your choice of tags
downloaded 23m 6s ago
Delete characters from the beginning or ending of selected tracks' name, artist, album, comments, composer, or show tags
downloaded 24m 47s ago
Play each track in playlist starting at user-set seconds from end
downloaded 25m 2s ago
Restore each selected track's artwork from an image file stored in its Album folder
downloaded 25m 26s ago
Search YouTube using tag info from selected or playing track
downloaded 25m 51s ago
Check scripts downloaded to your computer from dougscripts.com for latest version