Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and/or macOS. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 6m 28s ago
Exports and then re-imports selected tracks' artwork
downloaded 29m 36s ago
Copy files of tracks to selected folder
downloaded 36m 55s ago
Use tag data to formulate new file name for selected tracks' files
downloaded 1h 21m 37s ago
Perform search-and-replace on text in your choice of tags
downloaded 1h 42m 39s ago
Batch-change the Album Rating for the albums of selected tracks
downloaded 2h 49m 19s ago
Copy chosen tag info from one set of tracks to a different set of tracks