Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and/or macOS. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 4m 53s ago
Title Cap various track tags, featuring editable exceptions lists
downloaded 5m 54s ago
Create "Add to Playlist" droplet by selecting a playlist
downloaded 15m 3s ago
Droplet adds files dragged on it to a preferences-set playlist
downloaded 29m 30s ago
Recreate a playlist such that its visible columns mirror the Music library
downloaded 30m 17s ago
Export selected tracks' data to XML file, import later
downloaded 1h 21m 32s ago
Compel a selected Smart Playlist to dynamically refresh by removing all its tracks