Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and/or macOS. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 21m 0s ago
Use tag data to formulate new file name for selected tracks' files
downloaded 45m 35s ago
Sort purchased tracks into discrete playlists by name or Apple ID
downloaded 53m 7s ago
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
downloaded 58m 39s ago
Locates pairs of track entries pointing to the same file
downloaded 59m 9s ago
Exports and then re-imports selected tracks' artwork
downloaded 1h 13m 10s ago
Delete and trash tracks from iTunes whose play counts are 0