Obligatory warning: This script has been designated as an obsoleted "Retro Script". There is no guarantee that it will function as described with modern versions of iTunes and/or macOS. If used in its current form it may not work at all without modification and, at worst, it may corrupt or destroy data.
Note: This script has not been updated for iTunes 11. Several settings* are no longer applicable in iTunes 11 and later.
Reviewed as a Macworld Mac Gem and rated 4.0 out 5 Mice.
This application will allow you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences:
- Show "Library" playlist*
- Changing view setting is global*
- Allow half-stars in ratings
- Hide "Ping" buttons*
- Show/hide arrow links -- to either search the iTunes Store or search your library*
- Load complete iTunes Store preview before playing*
- Create playlists for purchased song collections*
- Play songs while importing or converting
- Create file names with track number
- Grid View Search results switch to List View*
- Option-click zoom button for Mini Player*
- Disable "elastic" scrolling behavior
For iTunes 9 or later in OS X 10.6 or later only. Previous version for earlier systems is available via direct download in the "Info" section below.
Designated as a Retro Script because: unlikely to work with iTunes 12.
Check the settings you want applied and click the "Apply" button.
downloaded 24m 50s ago
Exports and then re-imports selected tracks' artwork
downloaded 1h 34m 45s ago
Assists with finding truncated iTunes Match tracks
downloaded 1h 59m 2s ago
Displays files in iTunes Media folder not in iTunes track library
downloaded 2h 55m 35s ago
Perform search-and-replace on text in your choice of tags
downloaded 3h 4m 57s ago
Remove iTunes tracks disassociated from files
downloaded 4h 11m 2s ago
Title Cap various track tags, featuring editable exceptions lists