Frustrated trying to manage duplicate iTunes tracks on your Mac?
Of course you are!
iTunes' Show Duplicates feature is helpful but you still have to examine every single track and somehow decide whether you want to keep or delete the duplicates it might find.
Now there's Dupin. Your iTunes duplicates manager.
With Dupin you can:
- Very quickly find all sets of duplicate iTunes tracks based on your choice of criteria
- Select the "Keeper" tracks from among a number of duplicates automatically using a variety of versatile filtering options
- Consolidate the play, skip, and ratings information from all tracks in a Dupe Group to the single "Keeper" track
- Re-populate iTunes playlists replacing "non-Keeper" tracks with "Keeper" tracks
- Remove duplicate tracks from iTunes and send files to the Trash
- Audition tracks with QuickLook
- Manage intentionally duplicated tracks
- Delete duplicate "dead" tracks
- View duplicates in non-loaded libraries created with iTunes' multiple library feature
- View duplicates in iTunes libraries on other machines on your local network
- Sort tracks and view track info
- Export a list of duplicates to a text file
- Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
In addition, Dupin features:
- Compatibility with iTunes Match/Apple Music
- Support for Notifications
- Familiar iTunes-like interface
- Robust Documentation via the Help Menu
- Ample keyboard shortcuts
- Customizable toolbars
- Optional update checking
See Dupin in action in these video tutorials:
What reviewers say:
- "Dupin [does] a much better job than iTunes' Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries."
- Jonathan Seff, Executive Editor, Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
- "Dupin comes in so handy, and for $15 it's a small investment for your sanity."
- Dave Taylor, Mac Author, Ask Dave Taylor
- "Dupin does an excellent job finding all those pesky duplicates and removing them from your iTunes library."
- Roberto Baldwin, Mac|Life
- "The app performs well and comes with an accessible interface and excellent functionality. If you have a large iTunes library, you'll love it."
- Chris Page, Editor CNET's Download.com
- "If, like me, your iTunes library is an unholy mess, I'd suggest you give it a spin."
- Christopher Breen, Senior Editor, Macworld
- Intel Macintosh computer running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later
- iTunes 11 or iTunes 12
- Gatekeeper Security: Dupin is signed with an authorized Developer ID
- Version 2.7.4 of Dupin will run on OS X 10.6 and 10.7 with iTunes 11
- Dupin does not work with Microsoft Windows
Updated in Dupin v2.8.10:
- Fixes issue with getting playlist information for Re-Playlist Tool (iTunes 12.2 and later)
- Additional support for changes in iTunes 12.2
- July 9, 2015
This update is free for registered users of Dupin v2.5+
Updated in Dupin v2.8.9:
- Additional support for changes in iTunes 12.2
- July 5, 2015
Updated in Dupin v2.8.8:
- Fixes issue with options window for Remove Dead Tracks Tool
- July 2, 2015
Updated in Dupin v2.8.7:
- Accommodates changes in iTunes 12.2
- Additional support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Beta
- July 1, 2015
Updated in Dupin v2.8.6:
- Maintenance update
- Fixes issue with slow progress indicator animation
- Minor performance enhancements
- Preliminary support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Beta
- June 18, 2015
Web mail users: There is a possibility that unsolicited email messages from mesuch as the one containing your registration codewill be re-routed to your spam or junk mailbox. As soon as you receive the PayPal confirmation, check these mailboxes for the email containing your registration code. Otherwise, if you don't receive your code, let me know; it may take me a day or two to manually send you a code.
PayPal eCheck: Payments made by PayPal eCheck will take up to 5 business days to clear. (Your payment will be by eCheck if you do not have a credit card attached to your PayPal account or your PayPal account is "unverified".) As soon as your eCheck clears with PayPal your registration code will be emailed to you.
If you have any problems, ideas or suggestions, please email me.
My name is Doug Adams,
support at dougscripts dot com.
Currently, I can only accept payments electronically via PayPal. For other payment options, please email me at support at dougscripts dot com.
This application uses reasonable precautions to protect your data, but that is no guarantee against unforseen situations on your computer. I make no guarantees to this application's effectiveness on your computer and cannot take any responsibility if something goes wrong while using this application. If this makes you aprehensive then please be certain to backup your iTunes audio and video files before using.