Frustrated trying to manage duplicate music tracks on your Mac?
Of course you are!
The Show Duplicates feature is helpful but you still have to examine every single track and somehow decide whether you want to keep or delete the duplicates it might find.
Now there's Dupin. Your duplicate tracks manager. For macOS 10.15 and later only. (Dupin v2.14.1 for pre-macOS 10.15 is still available.)
Download the free demo
A registration code is $15
Free if registration purchased
Quick Start video and common
With Dupin you can:
- Very quickly find all sets of duplicate Music tracks based on your choice of criteria
- Select the "Keeper" tracks from among a number of duplicates automatically using a variety of versatile filtering options
- Consolidate the play, skip, and ratings information from all tracks in a Dupe Group to the single "Keeper" track
- Re-populate playlists replacing "non-Keeper" tracks with "Keeper" tracks
- Remove duplicate tracks from Music and send files to the Trash
- Audition tracks with Quick Look
- Manage intentionally duplicated tracks
- Delete duplicate "dead" tracks
- Sort tracks and view track info
- Export a list of duplicates to a text file
- Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
In addition, Dupin features:
- Compatibility with iCloud Music Library/Apple Music
- Support for Notifications
- Robust Documentation via the Help Menu
- Ample keyboard shortcuts
- Customizable toolbars
- Optional update checking
Dupin is easy to configure and use. Download the well-featured demo and try it out for yourself now.
What reviewers say (about the older iTunes version):
- "Dupin [does] a much better job than iTunes' Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries."
- Jonathan Seff, Executive Editor, Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
- "Dupin comes in so handy, and for $15 it's a small investment for your sanity."
- Dave Taylor, Mac Author, Ask Dave Taylor
- "Dupin does an excellent job finding all those pesky duplicates and removing them from your iTunes library."
- Roberto Baldwin, Mac|Life
- "The app performs well and comes with an accessible interface and excellent functionality. If you have a large iTunes library, you'll love it."
- Chris Page, Editor CNET's Download.com
- "If, like me, your iTunes library is an unholy mess, I'd suggest you give it a spin."
- Christopher Breen, Senior Editor, Macworld
- Macintosh computer running OS X 10.15 or later
- (Dupin v2.14.1 for pre-macOS 10.15 is still available.)
- Music v1.0 and later
- Gatekeeper Security: Notarized by Apple
- Dupin does not work with Microsoft Windows
Updated in Dupin v3.2.0:
- Officially supports Apple silicon Macs
- Performance and UI enhancements
- January 6, 2022
Purchase and Register Dupin
The unregistered demo version of Dupin will display up to 20 sets of duplicate tracks per session and permit a single "Purge" operation per launch. Most other features are unencumbered.
A registration code for Dupin is $15.00.
After your payment is received you will be emailed a registration code and instructions which will enable Dupin to display all the duplicates it finds. You'll also enable me to continue working on Dupin and make it work better for you!
The latest version of Dupin is for macOS 10.15 and later only.
Download Older Version for iTunes
Dupin version 2.14.1 for iTunes is available from this direct download link. Dupin v2.14.1 is for macOS 10.10 - 10.14 only and works just as well as it ever did. You can buy a Registration Code via in-app purchase after downloading it and launching.
Web mail users: There is a possibility that unsolicited email messages from mesuch as the one containing your registration codewill be re-routed to your spam or junk mailbox. As soon as you receive the PayPal confirmation, check these mailboxes for the email containing your registration code. Otherwise, if you don't receive your code, let me know; it may take me a day or two to manually send you a code.
PayPal eCheck: Payments made by PayPal eCheck will take up to 5 business days to clear. (Your payment will be by eCheck if you do not have a credit card attached to your PayPal account or your PayPal account is "unverified".) As soon as your eCheck clears with PayPal your registration code will be emailed to you.
If you have any problems, ideas or suggestions, please email me.
My name is Doug Adams,
support at dougscripts dot com.
Currently, I can only accept payments electronically via PayPal. For other payment options, please email me at support at dougscripts dot com.
This application uses reasonable precautions to protect your data, but that is no guarantee against unforseen situations on your computer. I make no guarantees to this application's effectiveness on your computer and cannot take any responsibility if something goes wrong while using this application. If this makes you aprehensive then please be certain to backup your iTunes audio and video files before using.