Frustrated trying to manage duplicate tracks and files in iTunes on your Mac?
Of course you are!
iTunes' "Show Duplicates" feature is helpful but you still have to examine every track to determine whether you want to keep or delete the tracks it finds. Smart Playlists are of dubious help and trying to locate all duplicates with them can be tedious as they can quickly crowd your Source list and slow iTunes down.
Now there's Dupin, your iTunes duplicates manager. (more...)
Get Dupin's core features in a lite-sized package
Dupin Lite has the same powerful Get Dupes-Filter-and-Purge features as the original Dupin but with fewer power-user features. If you aren't interested in managing duplicate tracks as much as just identifying and eliminating them then Dupin Lite may be right for you.
You'll quickly and easily be able to identify duplicate tracks according to crtieria you select. Then use Dupin Lite's flexible filtering controls to automatically decide which tracks to keep and which to remove and Trash. (more...)
Smart Playlist Management
Smarts will save and store the criteria of an iTunes Smart Playlist the smarts of a Smart Playlist as a template so you can reload it into iTunes later, back it up, or share with other iTunes users.
Perhaps the best use of Smarts is to maintain several "starter" Smart Playlist templates of your frequently used criteria. Instead of painstakingly re-entering the same basic and perhaps elaborate criteria over and over again, just load a pre-made "starter" template as a new Smart Playlist in iTunes. (more...)
Nine Tools for iTunes
TrackSift brings together nine fun and useful Tools for iTunes in one attractive, simple to install and easy to use app:
- Create "One-Hit Wonder", "Two-Fer", and "Three-Fer" playlists
- Find songs without album art, without lyrics, and not in playlists
- Delete "dead" tracks, delete empty playlists, and update expired podcasts
Browse Wikipedia Using Your iTunes Artists
- Easily search for and browse articles written about the Artists in your iTunes library
- Search alternative spellings or wordings
- The WikiScoop browser window provides basic web navigation, text-sizing, refresh, text selection and link contextual menus, and printing
- Conveniently Bookmark articles to Artists for later retrieval
- Choose preferred Wikipedia language (currently English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian)
Rank your most played iTunes tracks
mySpins (formerly named Spins) analyzes your iTunes library and displays your most played tracks arranged and ranked by a variety of "breakout" configurations, not just the number of track spins...show rankers and breakouts based on plays by Song, Artist, Album; rankings can be filtered by Rating, Genre, and Year; see rankings for the entire library or a single playlist. mySpins can give you a snaphot of plays and simple play percentages...give you instant play data on the currently playing or selected track... (more...)