AppleScripts are Macintosh-only, however there are several developers of iTunes-sorta-script solutions for Windows. This list is by no means complete, but it's all I know about. Please contact me to add your site or other pertinent Windows sites to this list. Otherwise, I know next to nothing about scripting for Windows. (Actually, I know exactly nothing.)
- iTunes COM for Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)
- This SDK from Apple provides header files, documentation, and sample JScript files demonstrating how to use the iTunes for Windows COM interface. COM is the Microsoft technology, similar to AppleScript on Mac OS, that allows programmatic control of iTunes from languages like JScript, Visual Basic, C#, and C++. This SDK requires iTunes for Windows version 4.7 or later. [Sept 16, 2008]
- I believe this download requires membership in the Apple Developer program. Go to the link above and page the alphabetical listing until you come to "iTunes COM for Windows SDK".
- Dan Crevier's Blog - Automating/scripting iTunes on Windows
- Examples on how to use the iTunes COM SDK
- Maximized Software
- Scripts for iTunes is a free collection of scripts that can be used to control iTunes. You can use them from the command line, in a batch (command) file, or you can assign them to the special controls keys on a multimedia keyboard (such as "Play", "Next", or "Previous").
- Several scripts for various tasks.
- Nate's Scripts for iTunes for Windows
- JScripts for iTunes in Windows.
- Teridon's iTunes Scripts for Windows
- Robert Jacobson's collection of Windows scripts perform a wide variety of functions
- iPodlounge Forum Post
- Fairly comprehensive list of iTunes for Windows Plug-Ins