Join Together has been updated to version 5.2.
This AppleScript Studio application automates the process of joining the files of selected iTunes tracks together with QuickTime and exporting them as a single AAC Music or Audiobook file/track. Optionally, with Apple's ChapterTool application installed, you can create a "chapterized" audio file of the exported AAC file with pointers to the individually joined tracks.
As of version 5.2, Join Together comes in two flavors:
The basic version of Join Together is free and always will be. It has the same or better features--and performs as well or better--as it ever has without restrictions. Most users will find the free basic version of Join Together satisfactory for their track-joining needs.
Join Together Plus is an optional shareware upgrade that provides additional pre-flight and post-op features that have been requested by power-users. You can upgrade to Join Together Plus from the free basic version for US$7. This is to cover development and support expenses, which, in turn, helps make Join Together work better for everybody. See Join Together's Help pages for more information on its Plus features.
Updated in v5.2
- Added "enabled" checkbox for the final track
- Added "Rating" options for the final track
- Added "Part of a gapless album" and "Skip when shuffling" options for the final track
- Can cancel operation from QuickTime
- Updated the interface
- Updated Help pages
- Fixed unusual issue with filename replacing track name
- Addressed QuickTime invalid track error while using pass through
- Performance enhancements
- Combine contiguous tracks as chapters [Plus version]
- Chapter name editing; auto-increment chapter numbers [Plus version]
- Use grouping tags as chapter names [Plus version]
- Contextual info windows for tracks/chapters [Plus version]
- Save options for saving final file to playlist, as a Podcast, and copy to iPod [Plus version]
- Preferences for various options [Plus version]
- Dock menu reduces application switching [Plus version]