Search YouTube will use the Song Name and Artist of the selected or playing track as the basis for a search on YouTube.
I’m surprised I never had a need of this before, but I was looking for a clip from an old Dave Edmunds documentary on his sessions for the “Repeat When Necessary” album. There’s a clip of Albert Lee doing solo stuff on “Sweet Little Lisa” that I wanted to check out. The script makes searching from iTunes a tad easier.
Spins analyzes your iTunes library and displays your most played tracks arranged and ranked by a variety of “breakout” configurations, not just the number of track spins…show rankers and breakouts based on plays by Song, Artist, Album; rankings can be filtered by Rating, Genre, and Year; see rankings for the entire library or a single playlist. Spins can give you a live-updated snaphot of plays and simple play percentages…give you instant play data on the currently playing or selected track…
With the registered version of Spins you can:
- Quickly generate most-played track rankings from your iTunes library
- Easily configure up to four panels each displaying various track plays and ranking information
- Rank most played tracks, Artists, or Albums
- Rank track plays in the total library or in selected playlists
- Count unique track plays or pooled-from-the-artist’s-albums track plays
- Sort and filter track plays by Artist, Genre, Rating, and Year
- Display plays data for the current playing track or a selected iTunes track
- Display breakouts by Artists, Composers, Genres, Ratings, and Years
Updated in version 1.0.2 (current):
- fixes issues when switching between multiple libraries
- fixes bug displaying panels when selected playlist no longer exists in current library
- fixes issue whereby initial scan of library cannot complete
- will ignore radio stream play counts
- fixes bug with “No Limit” setting (registered version)
- added preference toggle to re-set panel options to defaults on each launch (registered version)
- added Sparkle framework to provide update notifications and installations
This version is a free upgrade for registered users of v1.x.x.
Give Spins a spin…and see what you’ve been spinning.
I’ve just released Dupin v2.2.
Dupin is your iTunes duplicates manager.
Dupin finds sets of duplicate tracks in iTunes based on the criteria you choose. It can then automatically select the “Keeper” tracks from among the duplicates using a variety of versatile filter options. Dupin is flexible, fast, and easy to use.
With Dupin you can:
- Locate, sort, filter, and purge duplicate tracks
- Preserve play history and ratings
- Re-populate iTunes playlists
- Manage intentionally duplicated tracks
- Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
- Audition tracks
- …and much more
New in version 2.2:
- Added preference to set small/large text-size
- Text color of track rows designated as non-Keepers will be displayed lighter than text of Keeper track rows
- Some of the GUI now rendered with WebKit
- Updated playlist and library icons to iTunes 10 monochrome-look
- Fixed a bug that might prevent Filter Controls window from staying frontmost (when preferred)
- Fixed an issue that might cause the Time column to mis-sort very short tracks
- Fixed an issue that prevented newly added toolbar icons from becoming enabled right away
This is a free update for registered users of v2.x. For more information visit the Dupin product page.
Long Description to Description will copy the contents a the Long Description tag to the Description tag of each selected track. The Description tag can only have 255 characters. Purchased/protected tracks cannot be modified with this script as iTunes will just default to the information in the file’s meta data.
Comments to Description will copy the contents of the Comments tag to the Description tag and/or Long Description tag of the selected tracks. (The Description and Long Description tags of purchased/protected media cannot be modified with this script. iTunes will always default to the embedded meta data in such files.)
Append BPM to Song Name will append the BPM to your choice of beginning or ending of the Song Name for each selected track. For example, if placed at the end, a track name would look something like
Runner On the Plains - Eurobeats * 124If a track’s BPM tag is empty then the Song name is left as-is. Read Me describes cautions and optional modifications you can easily make.