M3Unify is a flexible file exporter and M3U playlist creator that will allow you to off-load copies of your iTunes songs to a user-chosen location, separate folder, external drive, USB thumb drive, SD card and so on, the way you and your audio player want.
With M3Unify you can:
- Copy files of tracks dragged from iTunes to a selected folder
- Rename copied files using substitution patterns based on track tags
- Create Album or Artist or Artist/Album sub-folders based on track tags
- Export album artwork as "folder.jpg" files, one per Album sub-folder
- Create an M3U playlist
- Format M3U Extended track information using substitution patterns based on track tags
- Optionally convert files to AAC files (or MP3 files via iTunes)
Plus, M3Unify features:
- M3U preview
- Track information and auditioning
- Uncluttered, easy-to-use interface
- On-board and online help
This latest version adds the ability to create discrete "Artist" sub-folders (in addition to the previous ability to create "Album" sub-folders); a preference toggle to export tracks of compilation albums into a "Compilation" folder, as iTunes does; adds a "View Options" panel; additional support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan; and minor tweaks and performance enhancements.
This is a free update for registered users. It's free to try with a 15-track limitation and $5.00 to purchase. More information and video is on this page.