I'm happy to announce the release of Playlist Assist. Do you miss the old playlist window feature?
Playlist Assist provides a floating window to which tracks from iTunes can be dragged and then sorted, arranged, auditioned, edited, exported as text, and saved back to iTunes as a new playlist. Keeps playlist construction in focus while still being able to conveniently navigate around iTunes for tracks and playlists.
Playlist Assist features:
- Recognizes audio and video tracks
- Sort, search, shuffle, and drag-and-drop Play Order arranging
- QuickLook playback
- Get Info
- Save as new playlist to iTunes, directly to Playlist Folders if you like
- Save and play in Up Next immediately
- Touch-up basic tag editing
- Export playlist data as tab-delimited text, XML, M3U
- Export files of tracks to Finder
- Compatible with iTunes Match tracks (however, some features only apply to local files)
- Familiar iTunes-like interface, ample shortcuts, update checking, in-app Help