Archive for the ‘Dupin’ Category
Dupin Lite has the same powerful Get Dupes-Filter-and-Purge features as the original Dupin but with fewer power-user features. If you aren’t interested in managing duplicate tracks as much as just identifying and eliminating them then Dupin Lite may be right for you.
I’ve posted an update to Dupin. The latest is version 2.5.4 (however, for a brief time, v2.5.3 was available).
The latest update is a maintenance release with some minor fixes: clarifies cloud track detection information, better detection of misconfigured iApps.plist file, fixes issue in v2.5.3 whereby the Purge dialogs do not appear correctly on some systems.
The latest version of Dupin, the iTunes duplicates manager, fixes a couple of bugs that cropped up in v2.5 as a result of some minor inconsistencies between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion operating systems. New in version 2.5.1:
- Improves compatibility with OS X 10.8
- Fixes UI glitch in Re-Playlist window
- Fixes errant track analysis in Re-Playlist under Snow Leopard
- Fixes issue which could cause crash during Consolidate History under 10.8
- Fixes issue whereby ratings may not be displayed correctly after Consolidate History
More information is available on the Dupin product page.
Dupin is your iTunes duplicates manager.
New in version 2.5:
- Compatible with OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion (previous versions will not run on 10.8)
- Adds Purge Dry Run feature
- Adds ability to move files to user-chosen location instead of Trash
- Improves Library Profile feature
- Consolidates file Purge options
- Fixes waiting-for-update issue
- Other minor fixes and enhancements
Dupin is $15. This version of Dupin is a free update if your current Dupin registration was purchased . If your registration was purchased then you can upgrade your registration for $7.
Dupin is the iTunes duplicates manager.
New in version 2.4:
- Can detect if iTunes Match is enabled
- Addresses issue of having to individually acknowledge deletion of each track when iTunes Match is enabled
- Can identify iTunes Match “cloud tracks”
- Adds column header contextual menu to show/hide columns
- Fixes text coloring issue when window not frontmost
- Updates names of columns for parity with modern iTunes
- Other minor enhancements
Dupin v2.4 is a free update for registered users of v2.x.
Dupin’s little brother, Dupin Lite, has been updated to v1.1 and is available exclusively at the Mac App Store. Dupin Lite has the core features of Dupin–Get Dupes, Filter, and Purge–but fewer accessory features. This latest version of Dupin Lite has a faster interface and makes general performance fixes.
Dupin v2.3.1 fixes a couple of bugs when running under Lion. Additionally, an issue with using Consolidate History on a selection has been resolved. Many thanks to the Correspondents who were quick to report these issues over the weekend.
Dupin v2.3 is now available. Dupin is the iTunes duplicates manager, and allows you to find duplicate tracks, filter tracks to keep, and purge the tracks you don’t want to keep. Using Dupin you can:
- Very quickly find all sets of duplicate iTunes tracks based on your choice of criteria
- Select the “Keeper” tracks from among a number of duplicates automatically using a variety of versatile filtering options
- Consolidate the play, skip, and ratings information from all tracks in a Dupe Group to the single “Keeper” track
- Re-populate iTunes playlists replacing “non-Keeper” tracks with “Keeper” tracks
- Remove duplicate tracks from iTunes and send files to the Trash
- Manage intentionally duplicated tracks
- Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
- View duplicates in non-loaded libraries created with iTunes’ multiple library feature
- View duplicates in iTunes libraries on other machines on your local network
- Sort tracks and view track info
- Export a list of duplicates to a text file
- Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
- Audition tracks
New in Dupin v2.3:
- Compatible with OS X Lion
- Fixed issue with delays caused by slow screen redrawing. Most operations will be noticably more responsive.
- Most operations can now be performed on discrete Search results (eg, Filter just the Search results).
- No longer necessary to confirm changes when closing Selection Window as these changes now happen “live”.
- Minor enhancements to improve overall performance.
This version is a free upgrade for registered users of v2.x.
I released Dupin v2.2.5 last night. This update improves Dupe Group parsing when “fuzzy” Time criteria is in effect and corrects an unusual playlist sorting issue when two or more same-named regular playlists share the same name as two or more Smart playlists. This is a free update for registered users of Dupin v2.x.
Well now I’m pleased to announce that Dupin Lite, a brand new lite-sized version of Dupin, is available exclusively on the Mac App Store. Dupin Lite has the same core functions as Dupin but with fewer power-user features. And a lighter price. Dupin Lite is just $7.99 in the Mac App Store.
Of course, Dupin is still available when you need to do some heavy lifting (re-playlist, consolidate history, library profiling, etc). But for a not-so-heavy price of $7.99 you can start cleaning up your iTunes library by removing duplicate tracks with Dupin Lite.