Archive for the
You can get it from the web page here or fire up your current version and click Check For Update from its application menu.
This latest version of Dupin: fixes a problem when Re-Playlisting whereby playlists stored in Folder Playlists would either not be correctly re-created or not put back to their source Folder Playlist; fixes an issue Re-Playlisting when dead tracks are extant; fixes a bug encountering empty playlists when using the Remove Duplicate Entries From Playlist tool; other minor fixes and enhancements.
The unregistered demo version of Dupin will display up to 20 sets of duplicate tracks per session and permit a single “Purge” operation per launch. All other features are unencumbered. A registration code for Dupin is $15.00.
More information and download is here.
(Thanks to the Beta-Testing Irregulars!)
Over the weekend, I released a version of Dupin that was basically a simple maintenance release. However, it was then brought to my attention that a bug had been in existence since v2.8.2 which errantly moved files to the Trash when using Dupin to remove tracks from a playlist. This isn’t an often-used feature—most users just want to delete the tracks and Trash the files from the entire library—but you can imagine the problem this would cause when the last thing you expected while just removing tracks from a playlist is to find that the files had been Trashed as well.
I have fixed that issue in version v2.8.4 of Dupin.
You’re probably getting your iTunes library all in order to make it ready for a nice new operating system. If so, you’ll want to pick up the latest version of Dupin, the iTunes Duplicates Manager.
This latest version fixes a few rare bugs: a case-sensitivity issue with files located on an NAS that prevented Purging, errant detection of iTunes Match being enabled when it actually isn’t, a Selection Window flickering problem, no longer wheezes if you happen to move the iTunes Media folder while Dupin is running, and a few other way-out-there situations are accomodated.
You can get version 2.8.2 by using Dupin’s “Check for Update…” command in its app menu, or download it directly from here.
This is a free update for registered users of v2.5 and later. Otherwise, Dupin is $15.
I waited a little longer between updates this time around, so Dupin has gained a feature point.
I was so busy over the weekend fighting bugs in the latest release of Dupin that I neglected to post that there actually are new versions available (here in the US it was Labor Day weekend, the irony of which is not lost on me).
Dupin is your iTunes duplicates manager.
As Macworld recently wrote, both Dupin and Dupin Lite “do a much better job than iTunes’ Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries.” Dupin has a few more power features, such as Re-Playlisting and Consolidate History. Dupin Lite has the same Get Dupes-Filter-Purge tools without the power-user features and is available at the Mac App Store.
Both now incorporate QuickLook auditioning (added in Dupin v2.6) and support Notifications. New to both is “dead” track detection, which will enable you to ignore or delete detected “dead” track duplicates.
You can download the latest version of Dupin here, or click “Check for Update” in your current version.
I’m pleased to announce that Dupin v2.6 is now available.
Dupin is your iTunes duplicates manager. With Dupin you can:
- Very quickly find all sets of duplicate iTunes tracks based on your choice of criteria
- Select the “Keeper” tracks from among a number of duplicates automatically using a variety of versatile filtering options
- Consolidate the play, skip, and ratings information from all tracks in a Dupe Group to the single “Keeper” track
- Re-populate iTunes playlists replacing “non-Keeper” tracks with “Keeper” tracks
- Remove duplicate tracks from iTunes and send files to the Trash
- Manage intentionally duplicated tracks
- Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
- And much more
Updated in version 2.6:
- Added “Filename” to Criteria (recognizes local files only)
- Added ability to play/view selected tracks in QuickLook panel via spacebar (OS X 10.7+)
- Updated “Get Info” window, incorporating play/pause album artwork thumbnail (OS X 10.7+)
- Improved sorting algorithms
- Addressed issues with restoring windows
- Moved “List Font Size” options from Preferences to View menu
- Minor UI changes
- General maintenance fixes and improvements
This is a free update for registered users of Dupin v2.5 and later. More information and download here.
Dupin Lite has the same powerful Get Dupes-Filter-and-Purge features as the original Dupin but with fewer power-user features. If you aren’t interested in managing duplicate tracks as much as just identifying and eliminating them then Dupin Lite may be right for you.
I’ve posted an update to Dupin. The latest is version 2.5.4 (however, for a brief time, v2.5.3 was available).
The latest update is a maintenance release with some minor fixes: clarifies cloud track detection information, better detection of misconfigured iApps.plist file, fixes issue in v2.5.3 whereby the Purge dialogs do not appear correctly on some systems.
The latest version of Dupin, the iTunes duplicates manager, fixes a couple of bugs that cropped up in v2.5 as a result of some minor inconsistencies between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion operating systems. New in version 2.5.1:
- Improves compatibility with OS X 10.8
- Fixes UI glitch in Re-Playlist window
- Fixes errant track analysis in Re-Playlist under Snow Leopard
- Fixes issue which could cause crash during Consolidate History under 10.8
- Fixes issue whereby ratings may not be displayed correctly after Consolidate History
More information is available on the Dupin product page.
Dupin is your iTunes duplicates manager.
New in version 2.5:
- Compatible with OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion (previous versions will not run on 10.8)
- Adds Purge Dry Run feature
- Adds ability to move files to user-chosen location instead of Trash
- Improves Library Profile feature
- Consolidates file Purge options
- Fixes waiting-for-update issue
- Other minor fixes and enhancements
Dupin is $15. This version of Dupin is a free update if your current Dupin registration was purchased . If your registration was purchased then you can upgrade your registration for $7.