For macOS 10.15 and later only. This script will assist with re-associating replacement files with dead tracks. The Music app can perform this task, too, but only one track at a time.
The process takes 3 steps:
- The script finds and lists the "dead" tracks in the Music library
- User drag-and-drops potential replacement files to the window; a viable replacement file is one whose name, album and artist metadata matches a dead track's
- Re-associate viable replacement files with their matched track entries
The Read Me contains additional important details and cautions.
- Accommodations for macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Removes "Choose Files" and replaces with drag-and-drop
- Performance and security enhancements